The Sacred Ordinary Days 2017 liturgical year planner is a 12-month edition that runs from the start of Advent on Sunday, November 27th 2016, through the end of the Season after Pentecost on Saturday, December 2nd 2017, the day before Advent begins again.
GET A FREE DOWNLOADABLE SAMPLE OF THE DAILY PLANNER HERE.
The bound planner is 7.75” x 8.75” x 1.25” with pages that are 7.5” x 8.5". The velvety scratch-proof cover has withstood all our tests for spills, scratches, and normal wear and tear. The 500+ page daily planner is 2.5 lbs.
The unbound planner is the exact same content as the hardback planner, but with loose 7.5” x 8.5" pages so that you can more easily integrate the Sacred Ordinary Days planner with systems that you already have in place. You can bind it yourself using your favorite method. Maybe that's circa, a three ring binder, or spiral bound from your neighborhood office supply store.
We've improved upon the original liturgical year edition we launched last fall on Kickstarter by
- adding 2 slim ribbons instead of 1 wider ribbon
- having a soft book spine, allowing the pages to open flatter
- including end-sheets that fold out so you can look at the liturgical wheel calendar or use the prayer labyrinth while your planner is open
- using 60 lb paper vs the original 50 lb
- each week's Revised Common Lectionary readings
- the Seasons and Holy Days of the Liturgical Calendar, also called the Christian Calendar or the Church Calendar
- the Daily Readings from the Revised Common Lectionary
- the practice of crafting a “Rule of Life”
- a Liturgical Wheel Calendar, redesigned to be elegantly simple and clear
- a Prayer Labyrinth to “walk” with your finger instead of your feet, also called a Finger Labyrinth
Along with these time-tested tools for spiritual formation, our planner also incorporates layouts designed for productivity and focus. For example...
- three daily priorities to focus your attention, with space to notate cues and rests or rewards for yourself. This allows you to recognize what each project’s catalyst or bottleneck is, as well as noticing and then planning for what drains and refills your energy throughout each day, keeping you from burnout.
- a section for notes, journaling, or your to-do list
- a section for your daily schedule & appointments
- some intentionally flexible white space at the bottom of each page
Each week starts with a Weekly Examen page on the left and a Sabbath and Sunday page on the right, along with 1 page per day, Monday - Saturday.
The planner will be a faithful guide and companion through all of the seasons in the liturgical year. We'll walk with you through Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, and Pentecost. At the beginning of each season there are four pages that include seasonal art, resources (symbols, decorations, articles, book references, etc.), plus space to envision how you'd like to embody this season in the six areas of your life and then reflect and reset for how you'd like to embody the season next time.
Digital products are automatically sent by email shortly after you place your order. Pre-sale physical products are shipped when product page indicates. Physical products ship within 1-2 business days. You'll receive an email with tracking information when your shipping label is printed.
If your physical product is damaged or defective, or you receive the wrong product, please contact us with your name, order number, and nature of the issue at hello@SacredOrdinaryDays.com.
We are unable to accommodate order cancellations or exchanges. We do our best to describe and depict each product with great care and detail. We also created the FREE Essentials Workbook to give you a way to test if our planner is a good fit for you before you buy. Receive this free resource by signing up for our newsletter in the footer.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What is the difference between the Academic Year Planner and the Liturgical Year Planner?
The Academic year planner and Liturgical year planners just have different start dates. All Sacred Ordinary Days planners are "liturgical," follow the seasons of Church Year, and including lectionary readings.
The 2016 | 2017 Academic Year Daily Planner began on August 1st, 2016 and ends on July 31th, 2017. This planner may be a better fit for students, parents, teachers, professors and those whose lives are scheduled around the school calendar. The Academic planners are currently on sale for you to pay what you want.
The 2017 | Liturgical Year A Daily Planner and the new 2017 | Liturgical Year A Weekly Planner begin on November 27th, 2016 at the start of Advent and end on December 2nd, 2017, the day before Advent begins. The 2017 planners have a slightly updated interior layouts, which you can see by downloading the PDF samples.
Do your planners have a next-year calendar where you can record future dates? Do you have a small phone #/addresses sheet?
The daily planners have a 2 page calender view of the year at the first of the planner and new for this year we are adding a 2 page next year calendar spread at the end of the planner to show the upcoming 12 months. This is one of the many improvements over the last edition. While we do not have a specific phone and address sheet, there are several blank pages and grid pages at the end of each planner for additional notes and free space to do as you wish.
Is there a monthly summary?
Every month has a two page monthly view. This can be seen in the free daily sample.