Sacred Ordinary Days
Executive Assistant Job Opening
Sacred Ordinary Days creates tools, curates resources, and cultivates community for thoughtful, gracious, Christian spiritual formation. All our work is rooted in ancient practices, but translated with a clean aesthetic and approachable language. In order to do this, we need a small, dedicated team of unique individuals who are as committed to our mission as they are to the craft of their work. We seek to build a team full of people whose work is joyful, effective, and sustainable.
We are looking to hire a part-time executive assistant who will primarily be responsible for relieving the founder and leadership team to focus on business growth by handling many of the day-to-day needs of the business. These needs will include customer service, email and social media marketing assistance, inventory management for our online shop, writing and editing, and other tasks needed to help support the business.
The position will be offered at 10-20 hours a week at $15/hour, with the opportunity to grow as your competency grows and responsibilities can be added. To apply, please read the full job description below, then submit your resume and the application tasks to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 17. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Interviews will be scheduled September 16 - 21. Our goal is to have the position filled by Monday, September 30. We’ll keep you posted on your application status.
To download a PDF of this document, click here.
- live in Waco-area, able to work from both the Kemper’s home office in McGregor and your own location
- available to work 2-4 hours daily M-F, 10-20 hours/week, with hours growing as your competency grows
- already equipped with a laptop, headphones, and a location you can do consistent, focused work from, including taking phone calls and video calls, as needed
- thoughtful, gracious, and encouraging
- appreciation for and general awareness of the varied denominations within the Christian tradition beyond your own
- able to communicate with warmth, clarity, and efficiency by phone and in written communication
- curious problem solver, driven to tackle challenges and figure things out
- belief that your abilities can be developed and therefore eager to learn rather than being easily intimidated or overwhelmed by learning new things
- thorough, thinking through and double-checking before considering a task done
- adaptability to tackle varied projects and tasks as needed
- able to happily do repetitive tasks like answering customer service emails and messages via social media
- excited to gain experience and develop your skills in email and social media marketing
- pride of ownership in your unique, valuable role furthering SOD’s mission
The executive assistant is primarily responsible for freeing up the founder and leadership team to work on business growth by handling many of the day-to-day needs of the business. This will include ensuring our community and customers are well-served, vendors love having us as customers, and kindreds in the work of Christian spiritual formation consider us a dream partner by offering consistent communication and thorough, quick care of our people.
- Work with Jenn Giles Kemper (founder and CEO) to learn about our community and business goals so that you can see opportunities to help us grow and effectively serve our community, even beyond tasks that are directly assigned to you
- Work with our new Director of Marketing to contribute to the strategy for original content we share on social media, in our newsletter, and beyond, in addition to helping with the execution.
- Work with Grant Kemper, our Project Engineer, to streamline, automate, and increase the overall efficiency of the business
- Keep products stocked in our shop, from ordering to making them live on our website, including identifying new products we might try
- Contribute to the writing, proofing, and editing of newsletters, product descriptions, website copy, and products
- Manage the main company email inbox and all social media comments and inboxes
- Uphold the tone of voice of the company and its warm, gracious, encouraging pattern of communication with fellow team members, vendors, kindreds, and partners
- Create an Instagram story for the @sacredordinarydays account of at least 4 slides (images or video, your choice)
- Suggest a product we could stock or create
- Suggest a resource (music, podcast episode, blog post, book, video, etc) that our community would love to hear about and write a paragraph about it for a newsletter
ABOUT SACRED ORDINARY DAYS
We create tools and curate resources for an inter-generational, inter-denominational, inter-racial community who are hungry for beautifully designed, deep, useful resources as well as opportunities for conversation and connection. Our tools and resources are used by individuals, families, colleagues, schools, and churches. We have grown to interact with a world-wide community through email, Instagram, Facebook, and our products. Our community appreciates beautiful images, thoughtful captions, prayer prompts, and opportunities to learn and connect. They also follow for updates on our products, especially our signature Sacred Ordinary Days planner. Some of our followers grew up within the rhythms of the church year in denominations that made use of the lectionary. For others in our community, these tools and rhythms are wholly new.
Though we are primarily known as a planner company, we see ourselves growing into a thought leader in contemporary spiritual formation, offering not only tools, but also gatherings, one-one spiritual direction, group spiritual direction, books, and year-long spiritual formation programs, all using modern approaches rooted in ancient practices.