The Sacred Ordinary Days 2017-2018 academic year planner is a 12-month edition that runs from August 2017 through July 2018, in line with the academic year. The planner is 7.75” x 8.75” x 1.25” with pages that are 7.5” x 8.5". The velvety scratch-proof cover has withstood all our tests for spills, scratches, and normal wear and tear. Two slim ribbons act as bookmarks.
GET A DOWNLOADABLE SAMPLE OF THE DAILY PLANNER HERE.
Sacred Ordinary Days is a liturgical planner that combines a number of transformational tools, which have aided the spiritual journey of many Christians, including ours. Inside you will find resources and reflections for the beginner and the master alike on...
- the Lectionary (we draw from the Revised Common Lectionary)
- the Seasons and Holy Days of the Liturgical Calendar, also called the Christian Calendar or the Church Calendar
- the practice of crafting a “Rule of Life”
- a Liturgical Wheel Calendar, redesigned to be elegantly simple and clear
- a Prayer Labyrinth to “walk” with your finger instead of your feet, also called a Finger Labyrinth
Along with these time-tested tools for spiritual formation, our planner also incorporates layouts designed for productivity and focus. There are...
- three daily projects to focus your attention, with space to notate cues and rests or rewards for yourself. This allows you to recognize what each project’s catalyst or bottleneck is, as well as noticing and then planning for what drains and refills your energy throughout each day, keeping you from burnout.
- a section for at-a-glance notes, journaling, or your to-do list
- a section for your daily schedule
- some intentional white space at the bottom of each page
Each week starts with a weekly plan page on the left and Sunday on the right. The weekly plan page includes the Liturgical Season or Holy Day, a prayer or quote, the weekly Lectionary texts, and space to reflect on the previous week and reset for the coming week. We invite you to look deeply at six areas of your life – spirit, body, mind, relationships, home, and work. Sunday’s page has the Liturgical Season or Holy Day, a prayer, the Daily Office texts, a quote on Sabbath, and space for journaling, sermon notes, scheduling, or whatever needs working out in your own life.
The daily pages also follow a rhythm. They are paired Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Friday and Saturday, each with the same design. This daily page design includes the Liturgical Season or Holy Day, a prayer, the Daily Office, daily projects, journal space, and schedule space.
The planner will be a faithful guide and companion through all of the seasons in the liturgical year. We'll walk with you through Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, and Pentecost. At the beginning of each season there are four pages that include seasonal art, resources (symbols, decorations, articles, book references, etc.), plus space to envision how you'd like to embody this season in the six areas of your life and then reflect and reset for how you'd like to embody the season next time.
Digital products are automatically sent by email shortly after you place your order. Pre-sale physical products are shipped when product page indicates. Physical products ship within 1-2 business days. You'll receive an email with tracking information when your shipping label is printed.
If your physical product is damaged or defective, or you receive the wrong product, please contact us with your name, order number, and nature of the issue at hello@SacredOrdinaryDays.com.
We are unable to accommodate order cancellations or exchanges. We do our best to describe and depict each product with great care and detail. We also created the FREE Essentials Workbook to give you a way to test if our planner is a good fit for you before you buy. Receive this free resource by signing up for our newsletter in the footer.