FEEL LIKE THE IDEA OF RESTING THROUGH RETREAT IS OUT OF REACH OR UNREALISTIC? Then I've got something good (and real) to share with you...
Lacy and I were planning to connect with many of you via webinar the last two weeks. But, all the technology seemed to be working against us. We surrendered to our tech issues and found victory, all at once. Isn't that the way it goes? In efforts to turn our lemons into lemonade, we recorded a video to share with you and have been answering questions in our Facebook group. If you're interested in our daily spiritual practices, want to share an experience of the Examen together, or want to hear our thoughts on retreating, just click play below!
The video is 40 minutes long, about the length of a podcast episode. In it we cover...
- 6:00 – Why daily spiritual practice matters
- 8:15 – What our daily spiritual practices include
- 12:50 – Tips for establishing your own daily spiritual practice
- 16:00 – Why we recommend the Examen for discernment
- 18:40 – Live practice of the Examen
- 24:00 – Why retreat is important (and can be hard!)
- 27:25 – What we look for and value in a retreat
- 31:15 – All the details on our upcoming retreat!
We hope you'll join us on retreat May 27 & 28, 2016 in Waco, Texas at DaySpring Baptist Church and in the homes of several local members of our Sacred Ordinary Days tribe.
Lacy's perpetual liturgical wall calendar, Sacred Seasons can be found at www.asacredjourney.net/shop and her course 31 Days to a Meaningful Morning at www.asacredjourney.net/meaningfulmorning Use the code "SOD" for $10 off Lacy's course through April 1st.
Jenn's Sacred Ordinary Days Essentials Workbook can be found for free on the homepage at www.sacredordinarydays.com & if you like that, you can get the PDF of the liturgical day planner at http://www.gumroad.com/sacredordinarydays. Use the code "SOD" for $5 off any digital product on Gumroad through April 1st, too. *Update* PDFs are no longer available on Gumroad or in our shop here on the site.